Saturday, March 3, 2012

Winter Snow

I woke up this morning to more snow falling outside. We are less than 13" away from beating a record for snow fall set during the winter of 1954-55.  Considering that it is still early in the season for Alaska, we have a very good chance of breaking the record.
When I look out on my back porch I see this:














Out my front window I see this:



It is a little too much snow for me.  Don't get me wrong, I love a white Christmas, and snow is pretty, but I hate it on the roads. Too many idiots come out when the snow falls and accidents happen because they do not know how to drive slower.  I also get tired of winter and want green grass and pretty flowers, and to be able to ride our tandem. The cold gets to me as well.  I love Alaska, but really wish our winters were shorter, and not as dark.
The good news is we are gaining daylight each day and that means summer will come, just not soon enough for me.
Until then we are in a race to beat the record for snowfall in a season and we may well win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...