Monday, November 9, 2020

STOUP

I have a nice part of stoup simmering on the stove. Stoup is a really thick vegetable soup that’s more like a stew. It’s a soup stew.

I chop and sauté a large yellow onion. (You can use oil. I have waterless cookware so I don’t.)

4 chopped and one shredded carrots

1 shredded large parsnip

1 shredded Small zucchini

5 cloves of garlic minced (we love garlic! You can use less)

3-4 (fist sized) Yukon gold  or any white potatoes cut up

3 small orange sweet potatoes/ yams cut up

1 TBS of Thyme

Pepper to taste

1 1/2  - 32 oz boxes of vegetable broth (I subbed in one of my 2 cup Tupperware containers of my spicy soup broth which I make and freeze.) The recipe can be found here.

I usually purée some of the zucchini and parsnips and onions with the garlic  in a little bit of the broth to make it a little thicker before I add the potatoes. You can add other vegetables as you see fit the last time I made it I used cauliflower and I skipped the parsnips since I didn’t have one. I’ve also made it with turnips. And you can add pumpkin if you want. I really like the combination of the sweet potatoes and the regular potatoes. You can also variate by adding different colored carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...