Thursday, April 22, 2021

Un-Sloppy Joes

 Being vegan I have had to modify many recipes as I find too many use things like tofu and mushrooms and stuff that I cannot eat due to food allergies so I have been experimenting with recipes I find and modifying them to suit me. This is one of those recipes.


Ingredients:

Sauté the following in a pan until the onions are translucent:

I use waterless cookware, but if you do not you will want to add 1 TBS of oil.

2 small or 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced

2 sweet peppers, finely diced ( you can use green or any color you like. I personally do not like the flavor of green peppers.)

1/2 cup celery, finely diced

2-4 cloves of garlic, depending on your taste

Then add these and sauté a couple minutes longer.

2-3 carrots shredded or diced. I prefer to shred mine.

1 sweet potato, shredded or diced. I prefer to shred mine.

In a blender or food processor blend the following together:

1-3 jalapeños, seeded and sliced (depending on how spicy you like it and the size of you jalapeños.)

1 TBS Sriacha

3 TBS brown sugar

2-3 Tsp Coconut Aminos (you can use soy sauce or Braggs Aminos here. I am allergic to soy.)

1 can of tomatoes

2 TBS chili powder

1 TBS tomato paste

1/2 - 1 Tsp oregano

Add the sauce to the onion mixture stirring well to mix.

Then add:

2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained.

Mix well and let simmer for a couple hours.

Serve on kaiser rolls and enjoy!

I make my own gluten-free rolls as it is hard to find ones that do not contain soy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...