Monday, November 1, 2010

Being Me

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss


In her book The One Year Book of Inspiration for Girlfriends, Ellen Miller says "...many women have difficulty revealing their true selves...that is until the woman hits her late fifties or early sixties. That's when I think women begin reading Dr. Seuss again." (page 299). "...some of the women....have adopted Dr. Seuss's philosophy. They are comfortable demonstrating...authenticity..." (page 299).

To often today we hide behind masks pretending to be what others expect us to be. I've come to realize that I need to be me and the hell with the rest of the world. I have suppressed my beliefs to please others and it causes me pain. I often keep quiet to avoid confrontation because my views differ from others. I've made myself over to be what others expect, but no more. I am letting the real me out of the bag and if you have a problem with that TOUGH!

I am tired of hiding me. I like bright colors, quiet reflection, meditation, and writing. I believe in the Bible and God is my savior. The Bible is our guide it is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. It gives us our rules and morals and we should follow them and tell Satan to stop knocking at the door because we are not answering. Our society has gone to the devil and he needs to take his followers and go back in the closet or down the rabbit hole, because he is not going to win. God is!

I know I have rambled off track, but that is why this blog is called Worm's Wanderings, because I wander.

Back to Dr. Seuss. I am done with hiding the real me and biting my tongue. If you don’t like what I have to say, then that is your problem, not mine. GO back in your closet or hole and stay there, because you are not going to ruin my day. I am going to be me.

Today I am going to dress for me and not for anyone else. If you think my skirt is too short my age, that is your issue not mine. If I want long hair or purple hair, or no hair that is my choice and I do not care what the rest of you think. I can walk down the street naked if I feel the urge and the only thing society can do is throw me in jail for indecent exposure. I still have the right do it until they catch me, not that I would, because that is not who I am.

I am a person who has her own opinions and feelings and you cannot tell me how to think or what to do. I believe in morals and values. If you mind you don't matter.

Today I am wearing leggings and a short dress and enjoying life because I am being me and those who love me don't mind.

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr. Seuss

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...