Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Word of the Year

I am participating in Quinn McDonald's 30 Day Creativity Practice and Pat Sloan's challenge to pick a word for the year to focus on.  My word for 2012 is    

                        CELEBRATE

Lake in Ireland
I plan to celebrate everyday.. It does not have to be a large celebration or even a major event. I can celebrate that I exercised, or finished a block for a quilt, or even that I just got out of bed that day. It is the fact that I will be focused on the positive each day.  Looking at the bright side of things, and not the negative. If you want to join in go to either Quinn McDonald's http://quinncreative.wordpress.com or Pat Sloan's blog http://blog.patsloan.com/2011/12/pat-sloan-happy-2012.  I also found another blogger who believes in picking a word for the year Ali Edwards  at http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/onelittleword.php and I am thinking of joining her class, One Little Word.  To quote Ali:
"Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2012? It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought, or a feeling, or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.
One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet.
Again, be open to the possibilities."


To Read more about my goals for 2012 click on this link to my other blog. http://quilted-hearts.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-word-of-year-and-goals.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...