Thursday, August 21, 2014

Locked Out

You all will laugh at me today. I decided to shred and freeze a bunch of zucchini I bought at the farmer's market and thus said well, I should clean out the freezer. So I took things out that were unidentified, or well past their dates so were freezer burned and headed out to the compost pile after defrosting them so they would slide out of containers. I slid the screen door closed and headed off to the the compost pile behind the large pine tree. Dumped everything and came back to the house, only to discover that the screen had latched and I was locked out. You will laugh and I wish I had a video of me trying to get the door open. I stuck my arm between the screen door and the glass door trying to reach the latch. Of course my arm was not long enough. So I looked around to see if there was anything I could use to lengthen my arm. On the grill sat a long handled spatula, AH HA! I stuck my arm back in between the two doors and spent about 10 minutes waving the spatula around beating on the inside of handle and first succeeded in pushing the latch further in, so I was really locked out. I tried wiggling the blade or flat part between the door and the wall to move the latch, no luck, then I went back to putting my arm inside with the spatula in hand and beating on the door, running it up and down trying to catch the latch and finally after another 10 minutes or so got the latch to release so I could get back in the house.
I am still trying to figure out how the door managed to lock.
My phone of course was in the house, the front door was locked, Bryce is who knows where in the state delivering and picking up luggage, and Tom was teaching. The neighbor with the spare key was teaching, and everyone else who could possibly help by giving me a ride to Central to get the key from Tom, was at work. That spatula is going to live on the grill table forever because I am not taking that chance again. I guess I should also take my keys out to the compost pile next time so I can get in the front door. Good thing it was a beautiful sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...