Sunday, February 10, 2019

Uncluttered Weeks Two and Three

Last week I worked in the living room. I made progress and though I still have more to do I am happy with what I was able to accomplish.  I was able to clear out an entire section and move things to other rooms that needed to be moved and to bag up a bunch of paper for recycle and things for the trash and to donate.

This past week I worked in the bedroom and cleared out a drawer full of old nightgowns and pajamas that I never wear.  I also went through a bunch of socks and deleted those I do not wear and those that the dryer ate their mates long ago. Why I kept them I am not sure, maybe I was thinking their mates would find their way home from wherever they had wandered off to.

I went through a ton of little catch-alls in one corner of my bedroom and discovered that I should own stock in several ink pen companies. I even have refills for pens I do not have unless they are hiding in another room. I am setting them aside until I can check in the family room and office, as there are probably more pens in those rooms and I can see if the refills work for them, if not out the door they go.  I am only keeping the pens that I like and their refills. I am very pen picky when it comes to writing in my journals and have developed a liking for certain pens over the years. Many of these others were ones I was trying out at different times and they are all going Good-Bye!  I will deliver them to the office of the school where I do most of my subbing as I am sure they can put them to good use or share them with the teachers. I know I went through a ton of pens in my many years of teaching full-time. As a retired teacher, I do not use them as often since my primary writing is letters and in my journals. I prefer fun colors like pink, teal, and purple for my journals, so only need to keep a few blue and black ink pens for those occasional official documents I have to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...