Saturday, March 6, 2021

Vegan Lasagna

I made lasagna for dinner last week. I used cashew ricotta, and vegan parmesan cheese, along with gluten-free noodles, a vegan tomato sauce, and Daiya mozzarella cheese.

I actually made two pans of lasagna as one was totally vegan (on the right) and the other used regular mozzarella and parmesan cheeses for hubby.  The sauce recipe is easy to modify if you want to add in meat for the carnivores in your household. My hubby does not mind eating vegan, but he is not big on Daiya cheeses, so I accommodate him when I can. I like Daiya for two reasons one it is the closest to real cheese I have found melting-wise for pizza and nachos and two it is soy-free as I cannot do soy and it is actually not that healthy. 

The vegan cashew ricotta is my own twist on a recipe that I found in one of my vegan cookbooks to give it more flavor and of course I upped the spices in everything as we like our food with a little kick.

The sauce uses carrots, onions, and tomatoes along with several spices to give it more flavor, and a little kick.

The gluten-free lasagna noodles are not bad. I have used them in another vegan lasagna, that used white sweet potatoes in place of the ricotta cheese. The one thing I do need to remember is to make my sauces a little more liquidy when I use them as they are not cooked prior to going in the lasagna.

The vegan cashew ricotta is delicious and I may make the base in the future to mix in a dipping spice mix for fresh veggies as it really makes a nice creamy base to use instead of sour cream or cream cheese.

I am still working out the recipes to fine-tune them but stay tuned as I will post them down the road because of course, I modify every recipe since we like a little more spice and flavor and do not use salt in anything. My recipes are always heart-healthy versions of whatever it may be that I am cooking, and low in sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...