Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bandwith Issues Learning Experience

After much frustration for my husband regarding my computer eating up too much bandwith, he discovered the culprit. He was searching through my computer looking at the sites I surf the most and he discovered that one of my often visited sites The Toothfairy Quilter eats up lots of bandwidth because she does not archive her pages so that only one page at a time shows, which until today was the same with mine. Now that I know why my pages eat up so much bandwidth I now have my blog set so that only one page shows at a time instead of a chain of pages going back to the beginning of my blog.

My husband says this makes a huge difference in the amount of bandwidth that my computer uses. I have now changed my blogs to all reflect this and it has solved some of the issues we were having.

For those that want to make this change go to  your SETTINGS: POSTS AND COMMENTS and set the following at 1. Mine was set at 7 which I am assuming is the default.  Now that it is set at 1 I am not hogging all the bandwidth when I am on my own blogs and updating them.

Posts 

Hopefully this will help others who are experiencing similar issues.
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, Wanda. I'm going to check mine. I use word press I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I did not know about this at all. I will go change mine too because I think mine is se on 7 also. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's is GREAT info! Thanks so much to your DH! I will change mine tomorrow. Shows what great blog experts we are huh? At least we are LEARNING! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

It Is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to Pay Off Your College Loan

  There is a key point that the leftist are totally missing in their, asinine argument, saying that the government should pay off student lo...